Shipping from the Famous 4th Street Cookie Company
Orders received by 1:00pm will be shipped same day. Orders received after 1:00pm will be shipped next business day. During the holiday season, orders may take 24-48 hours to process.
Our boxes and trays are carefully wrapped, packed and shipped on the same day the cookies are baked. To ensure that your cookies arrive fresh, we exclusively use UPS for our shipping needs. Choose from the following UPS shipping options for 1 or 2 day shipping to ensure that our cookies arrive fresh.
UPS Shipping Options
• UPS Ground (1 day) – Day-definite delivery typically in one day. Packages are shipped Monday through Thursday and Friday if recipient address is eligible for Saturday delivery. Delivery is expected by end of next business day for the following states: Middle and Eastern PA, NJ, DE, MD, CT, Northeast and Southeast VA, DC and Southeastern NY
• UPS Ground (2 day) – Day definite delivery typically in two days. Packages are shipped Monday through Wednesday and Thursday if recipient address is eligible for Saturday delivery. Delivery is expected by end of 2nd business day for the following states: ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, Western NY and PA, MI, IL, IN, OH, KY,WV, Western VA, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL.
• 2nd Day Air (2 day Express) – Delivery is expected by the end of the second business day. Packages are shipped Monday through Wednesday. Thursday shipping for arrival on Saturday is available for an additional $16. All states in the continental US are eligible for this service.
• Next Day Air (1 day Express) – Delivery is expected next business day by 10:30 am or 12:00 noon. Packages are shipped Monday through Thursday. Friday shipping for arrival on Saturday is available for an additional $16. All states in the continental US are eligible for this service. All states in the continental US are eligible for this service.
• Next Day Air Saver (1 day Express) – For Commercial Destinations: Delivery is expected for next business day by 3:00 or 4:30pm. For Residential Destinations: Delivery is expected for next business day by end of day. Packages are shipped Monday through Thursday. Friday shipping for arrival on Saturday is available for an additional $16. All states in the continental US are eligible for this service.
For Saturday deliveries, UPS will be able to deliver to 50% of the population by the end of 2017 and 80% by 2018 in the continental US. Saturday delivery commitment times depend on the shipping service you choose above. Our shopping cart is connected directly to UPS to determine if your requested location is available for delivery on Saturday. If you have more question, please call the office at 215 625 9870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPS requests a phone number for delivery. Please make sure you enter the correct phone number of your gift recipient to ensure efficient delivery.
Orders requiring 2 day shipping are ineligible for shipping on Friday. The orders will ship the following Monday (or the next eligible business day in cases of holidays).
We recommend that you ship your gift to a business address rather than a residential address. Shipping to a business address is not only cheaper but doing so ensures that the package will reach a person and packages are generally left in climate controlled areas. If you are unable to ship to a business address, please consider the following:
• UPS will leave packages at the front door without a signature. In extreme heat conditions, the cookies will melt. Please be sure you are not shipping to a residence where a package may be left outside for an extended period. Our cookies are shipped freshly baked and cannot endure an extended period exposed to heat, direct sunlight, or inclement weather. Be sure to advise the recipient of the delivery date. If necessary call 215 625 9870 or email email@example.com to arrange for a different delivery date. If you are not sure if your gift recipient will be home, UPS offers a “signature required” option for an additional $4 so that your gift will arrive directly to its recipient.
• UPS does not allow delivery to Post Office Boxes.
• UPS requests a phone number for delivery. Please make sure you enter the correct phone number of your gift recipient to ensure efficient delivery.
Before entering your order, make sure your recipient’s gift address is correct. UPS charges an additional $14 for address corrections once shipped.
Universities and Hospitals
When shipping a gift to a University or Hospital, please make sure you provide the complete mailing address. For University delivery, your information must include the name of the dorm facility, the room number, the street address and any special delivery instructions that the dorm facility requires. For Hospital delivery, the patient’s name, room number, department, floor, hospital name and address are required. A delivery phone number is also requested for both universities and hospitals.